Our new Strong Families and Thriving Children Center is open and ready to serve our families who need it the most. The center provides food, clothing and resources like literacy, parent workshops, and support & readiness tools for our incoming kindergarten students and their parents.
If you are interested in more information please call: (623) 691-1994.
Another important function of our center is Social Emotional Learning (SEL). It has been so long since we have seen your children in our schools and we want to assure you that we are getting ready to be able to support your children with any social-emotional needs they may have. We are working on how to best support your children when we begin distance learning in August so that they may have a successful school year. We are excited to announce that:
- For the first time, every school will have a counselor available for our students
- Every school counselor will have a website available for your children with social-emotional support and activities
- Your children will be able to schedule an appointment with our school counselors through this website
- We also have social workers that are available to support you and your needs at the Center for Strong Families and Thriving Children. The phone number is: 623-691-1994
- We also have Melissa Acevedo who is here to support any families struggling with homelessness call her at 623-691-1984
- A lending library
- Information regarding the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act
- “YOU” Your Child’s First Teacher parent workshops
- Salvation Army Christmas Angels Program (Aug-Sept)
- St. Mary's Food Bank food pantry (first come, first serve)
- Community resource referrals (phone contacts) including:
- Domestic Violence assistance
- Financial assistance
- Food assistance
- Preschool Child Care
- After School Activities
The Cartwright Center for Strong Families and Thriving Children is here to serve you; we hope to see you soon!Rebecca Leimkuehler
Director of Social Emotional Learning and
Director of the Cartwright Center for Strong Families and Thriving Children
Rebecca Leimkuehler began her SEL journey as the previous Principal of Holiday Park. She piloted this program at her campus and saw instant positive results. Many students practiced these strategies at school and at home.