The department of Federal Programs and Grant Development provides support to all Cartwright District schools, administrators, teachers, and students through supplemental programs funded by federal and state grants, including Title I-A, Title II- A, Title IV-A, Targeted School Improvement, Comprehensive School Improvement, State Tutoring, Education for Homeless Children & Youth, and the Title IV-B 21st Century Community Learning Center block grant.
- District and campus planning assistance
- Data analysis and support for low-performing campuses
- Building leadership capacity of school administrators and teams to implement and sustain comprehensive school improvement
- Professional Development for Principals and Teachers
- Intervention and enrichment programs for students
- Parent education programs and family engagement activities
We believe federally-funded programs, combined with skilled and supportive program staff members, help the district achieve both its mission to “empower students to go above and beyond their potential” and its vision of preparing students “to become independent, confident, lifelong learners.”