Transportation Received Critical Grant

Transportation Receives Critical Grant
Posted on 08/13/2018
Dr. Jacob Chavez for picture with check
We're proud to announce that Cartwright students are riding two new environmentally safe school buses. The Transportation Department won a grant that focuses on reduction of emissions to improve air quality in Maricopa County. The funds pay for 25% of the cost of a new bus while the district picks up the remainder 75%. Cartwright was able to retire two older buses through the grant process. The new buses will emit less toxic emissions than their older counterparts and the department plans to apply for the competitive grant as long as the opportunity is available. Superintendent Dr. Jacob A. Chávez posed with Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Gallardo and Board President John Gomez after a $75,000 check was presented during the August 8th Governing Board Meeting. 
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.